"steward has...(a) technical style,
focused on the facts as he sees them and the explicit details
of agreements, a style that often provokes conflicts with those
who have less detail-oriented styles." - Evelyn Wright
Ah, the dreaded Personal Information Page... or in this case Personal Information subsite!
Well, a lot of things are in those links on the left. As
for the rest:
Here are some web applets/widgets I find particularly useful.
I read a lot. Here's a list of the magazines that
I read (some in a more timely manner than others.)
Books I particularly recommend (in alphabetical order by title) include:
Books I've recently read include:
- The Tower and the Tears, by Cecilia Tan
- The Siren and the Sword, by Cecilia Tan
- Graduation Day, by Christopher Nuttall
- Dominance, by Niall Teasdale
- A Scandal in Battersea, by Mercedes Lackey
- The Gordian Knot, by Christopher Nuttall
Books I'm currently reading include:
- River Marked, by Patricia Briggs
- Lilith: Gooddess of Sitra Ahra, by Daemon Barzai
- Masques of Darkover, by Deborah J. Ross
- The New Church Ladies: The Extremely Uptight World of 'Social Justice', by Jim Goad
- Life Never Ends Well: A Cavalcade of Murders, Suicides, Accidental Deaths, & Tragic Endings, by Jim Goad
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It, by Chriss Voss; Tahl Raz
- Neuesachlichkeit, by Anonymous
- iPagan, by Trevor Greenfield
- The Queen Mother, by William Shawcross
- Pathways, by Mercedes Lackey
- Odd and the Frost Giants, by Neil Gaiman
- Walking With The Gods: Modern People Talk About Deities, Faith, and Recreating Ancient Traditions, by W. D. Wilkerson
- No Time Like The Past, by Greg Cox
- The Hidden Oracle, by Rick Riordan
- In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness, by Peter A. Levine
- The Secrets of Doctor Taverner, by Dion Fortune
- Winning the Story Wars: Why Those Who Tell (and Live) the Best Stories Will Rule the Future, by Jonah Sachs
- For Magnus Chase: Hotel Valhalla Guide to the Norse Worlds: Your Introduction to Deities, Mythical Beings, & Fantastic Creatures, by Rick Riordan
- Otherworld Chills, by Kelley Armstrong
- Prudence, by Gail Carriger
- The Incubus and the Angel, by Cecilia Tan
- Sweep in Peace, by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Stars, by Ilona Andrews
- The Notes: Ronald Reagan's Private Collection of Stories and Wisdom, by Ronald Reagan
Authors I particularly recommend include:
My favorite musical pieces / songs include:
The Q-Link Contact
and Memories site, which I am webspinner of, was featured in an
article in USA
Today. (On Q-Link, I was known as JohnD39, and I still use that
ID in some places on the web such as Yahoo!Groups.)
Click here for an explanation of the name "steward" itself.
Click here for my virtual
certificate wall of degrees, certifications, and so forth.
When the whim takes me, I write poetry and short pieces of prose, available
My thesis for my Masters of Arts degree in Professional Studies consisted
of a Media Guide for a small non-profit organization, with notes appended
so that any NPO of similar size and needs can readily adapt the Guide
to their use. Click here for more information
and to download the Guide and notes.
Click here for my current Amazon wishlist.
I am employed as a procedures and systems analyst by the State of New
Jersey. Previously, I've worked as a systems analyst/programmer in the
field of medical equipment billing software.
Click here for the obligatory photos page.