"steward has...(a) technical style,
focused on the facts as he sees them and the explicit details
of agreements, a style that often provokes conflicts with those
who have less detail-oriented styles." - Evelyn Wright
Ah, the dreaded Personal Information Page... or in this case Personal Information subsite!
Well, a lot of things are in those links on the left. As
for the rest:
Here are some web applets/widgets I find particularly useful.
I read a lot. Here's a list of the magazines that
I read (some in a more timely manner than others.)
Books I particularly recommend (in alphabetical order by title) include:
- Bitch, by Elizabeth Wurtzel.
- Citizen Tom Paine, by Howard Fast.
- Deer Hunting with Jesus: Dispatches from America's Class War, by Joe Bageant.
- Erotism: Death and Sensuality, by Georges Bataille.
- Evolutionary Witchcraft, by T. Thorn Coyle.
- The Final Reflection, by John M. Ford.
- The Gift of Fear, by Gavin de Becker.
- Lies the Government Told You, by Hon. Andrew P. Napolitano, J.S.C., ret..
- Looking Forward, by Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
- Making Contact, by Virginia Satir.
- Mortal Lessons: Notes on the Art of Surgery, by Richard Selzer.
- The Nature of Happiness, by Desmond Morris.
- Our Endangered Values: America's Moral Crisis, by Jimmy Carter.
- Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know--And Doesn't, by Stephen R. Prothero.
- Spiritual Literacy, by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat.
- Spock's World, by Diane Duane.
- Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert A. Heinlein.
- Suicide and the Soul, by James Hillman.
- The Tao of Pooh, by Benjamin Hoff.
- The Way We Talk Now, by Geoffrey Nunberg.
- What Every Person Should Know About War, by Chris Hedges.
- The Zen of Zombie, by Scott Kenemore.
Books I've recently read include:
- Boarding the Enterprise: Transporters, Tribbles, And the Vulcan Death Grip in Gene Rodenberry's Star Trek, by Robert J. Sawyer
- The Goat-Foot God, by Dion Fortune
- Jessica, by Laura DeLuca
- The Children of Kings, by Deborah J. Ross; Marion Zimmer Bradley
- The Zen of Zombie, by Scott Kenemore
- Kalvan Kingmaker, by John F. Carr
- Ever After, by Kim Harrison
- Take Back Your Government, by Robert A. Heinlein
- Shadows in Flight, by Orson Scott Card
Books I'm currently reading include:
Authors I particularly recommend include:
My favorite musical pieces include:
The Q-Link Contact
and Memories site, which I am webspinner of, was featured in an
article in USA
Today. (On Q-Link, I was known as JohnD39, and I still use that
ID in some places on the web such as Yahoo!Groups.)
Click here for an explanation of the name "steward" itself.
Click here for my virtual
certificate wall of degrees, certifications, and so forth.
When the whim takes me, I write poetry and short pieces of prose, available
My thesis for my Masters of Arts degree in Professional Studies consisted
of a Media Guide for a small non-profit organization, with notes appended
so that any NPO of similar size and needs can readily adapt the Guide
to their use. Click here for more information
and to download the Guide and notes.
Click here for my current Amazon wishlist.
I am employed as a procedures and systems analyst by the State of New
Jersey. Previously, I've worked as a systems analyst/programmer in the
field of medical equipment billing software.
Click here for the obligatory photos page.